Aviation Trails was nominated for the Liebster Award by The Aviation Site and I’m honoured to accept this award. Apart from school, it’s probably the first award I’ve received ever!
Since stared blogging, I’ve met both literally and electronically, a wide range of people from around the world who have become my blogging friends, all sharing a common interest.
Blogging has allowed me to record and share my passion – aviation, it has been a life long love even though I never learnt to fly! My one regret!
I would like to thank The Aviation Site for the nomination, it was a kind and thoughtful nomination for which I am very grateful. Please do go and take a look at their blog.
The sites I have chosen offer a range of interests, fun and facts, many are aviation related, but not all, diversity being the key to an interesting and fruitful read. They are all worthy of a visit as are many others.
Rules of the award
A blogger can nominate up to 10 other bloggers, then create a post announcing the nomination. The nominated bloggers should have less than 3,000 followers. The first blogger then asks 10 questions to these bloggers. If the nominated bloggers accept, then they create their own post accepting the nomination & linking back to the first blogger, answering the 10 questions, then nominating more bloggers and asking a new set of questions. The award keeps getting passed on so that readers can discover new blogs.
Here are the answers to the 10 questions posed to me:
- Which is your favourite city? – A difficult one, but I do love the history and romance of Liverpool.
- If you were a vlogger, what would you vlogg about? – Aviation Naturally!
- Who is you favourite artist? – At the moment I really like the watercolours of Thomas Schaller. They are stunning!
- Who is your inspirational blogger and what do you like about them? – All that I follow, they have all inspired me and taught me so much about the world, about history and of course writing!
- Who is your favourite poet? – Sadly not an area I know a lot about! I like a wide range of more traditional poetry, especially war poetry, it has passion and feeling.
- What is the most embarrassing character you dislike in a person? – being moody.
- What is your top priority on your bucket list for this year? – To visit the last site where Glenn Miller flew from.
- What is your best music, movies and author? – I’m getting old and my tastes are mellowing, I do listen to a lot of ‘mellow music’ on Spotify. I also have to admit I like ‘girly’ films but it would have to be: ‘Battle of Britain’. My favourite author would have to be Michael Morpurgo. As a teacher I love reading his stories with the children.
- What is the advice you would give to new bloggers? – Persevere and be passionate about what you write!
- what is your favourite dish? – A Sunday roast, I love it!
I nominate the following blogs for the Liebster Award, please do check them out if you haven’t already:
- Air War World War II
- Keep Calm and Remember
- 20th Century Battles
- Violet Wells
- John Knifton
- Aces Flying High
- My Lancaster Stories
Here are your ten questions!
- What is your strongest quality?
- What or who inspired you to start blogging?
- If you could change one thing in this world, what would it be?
- Is time travel important to you?
- What scares you most?
- The weekend is yours to do whatever you wish, what would you do, money being no object?
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- How often do you smile at strangers?
- Do you prefer music or art?
- If you had three wishes, what would the third wish be?